CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Call for Nominations
The Chapter is run by a Board of Directors, elected by the Chapter membership. In addition to managing the day-to-day activities of the Chapter, the Board of Directors is the legal authority for the IIBA Ottawa-Outaouais non-profit corporation. As a member of the board, a director acts in a position of trust for the organization and is responsible for its governance.
The directors are volunteers who believe in the mission of the IIBA and in helping to grow business analysis as a thriving, recognized profession in the Ottawa-Outaouais region. Refer to the Chapter's mission and vision. For an overview of the Board structure and profiles of current members, please visit the Board of Directors page. Becoming a board member is both rewarding and challenging, and provides a unique learning opportunity. New positions are announced in May each year.
Open Positions for 2020
- President-Elect (1 year term)
- VP Communications (2 year term, has an incumbent)
- VP Marketing (2 year term)
- Secretary (2 year term, has an incumbent)
Interested candidates should consult the Board positions description for details.
- 1-2 Board meetings per month (in-person after work or virutally as needed)
- 1 Chapter meeting per month (potentially more if ad hoc events occur)
- estimated commitment time is 10 to 15 hours per month
Interested parties are asked to provide the following information as part of their submission:
- IIBA Member ID
- Brief Biography (1-2 paragraphs only)
- Skills pertinent to the position
- Contact information (email, phone)
- Specific objectives for the term of the position (if any)
Applications may be submitted by email to email@example.com by June 1, 2020.