BA Blitz Hackathon
BA Blitz Hackathon
IIBA® Ottawa-Outaouais, in collaboration with Women's Economic Council and Sprott School of Business, is pleased to host a full-day Business Analysis Hackathon.
Overview & Purpose
Are you an experienced or aspiring business analyst? Would you like to use your skills in an amazing way to help a social cause? Did you know that there are over 170,000 non-profit organizations in Canada, 85,000 of which are registered charities. IIBA Ottawa-Outaouais Chapter is excited to invite you to a special event where you will work in teams to solve a business problem for a national Canadian Non-Profit Organization.
We are partnering with Women's Economic Council (WEC) in this full-day hackathon where teams will focus on one of three business problems. Like most non-profit organizations, WEC faces business challenges in areas such as funding, succession planning and human resource management. This will be your team’s chance to use business analysis skills and techniques to make a positive impact for WEC. The lessons WEC will learn will then be shared to benefit other non-profits facing similar challenges.The teams are free to use any business analysis techniques they wish in order to come up with creative solutions to these problems.
As a business analyst participant, you will gain valuable experience (eligible for 7 PDs or CDUs) while working with your peers in the profession to solve real-world problems for a WEC. This is also an opportunity to build your professional network and benefit from mentorship between peers.
- To apply and learn business analysis techniques through real experience on a business problem
- To serve your community by contributing your BA services to a non-profit organization
- To collaborate with your peers in the community
Good to know
- Teams will be made of a mix of Senior, Intermediate and Novice BAs to allow for sharing of ideas and mentorship. When registering, please select the ticket matching your experience level.
- As the non-profit organization may be sharing some sensitive or private information, you will be asked to sign and return a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) once you register.
- Prior to the event, you will be sent the business case study that provides some background information about the business problems. This will help you understand the context of the problems.
- We like to celebrate these cool and creative events! Videos and photos will be taken throughout the day. Once you register, you will be sent a media release form for you to indicate whether you wish to be in these videos and photos that will be published after the event.
- Visitor Parking (Pay Onsite): Parking areas on campus are programmed based on an hourly rate. We suggest parking in lot P1 for all-day visitor parking on a weekend. The weekend daily rate is $6.00. More information is available at: https://carleton.ca/parking/visitors/parking-rates/
Who should attend
Business Analysts ranging from novice to senior experience levels
08:30 - 09:00 - Check-in, continental breakfast, networking
09:00 - 09:30 - Opening Remarks & Introduction, Case Study and BABOK(R) walkthrough
09:30 - 12:00 - Hackathon
12:00 - 13:00 - Lunch provided by WEC (you may work through lunch)
13:00 - 16:00 - Hackathon
16:00 - 16:30 - Team presentations
IMPORTANT: Please advise of any dietary restrictions.
Note: attendees should avoid wearing strong perfumes/colognes as a courtesy to others who might have sensitivities.
To register, please use the Register Now button. Kindly ignore the 'Product not available' button below.