Skills Workshop | Plan and Monitor to Succeed
IIBA® Ottawa-Outaouais Chapter is pleased to host a full-day workshop, "Plan and Monitor to Succeed", as part of the Chapter’s growing Skills™ Workshops and Masterclasses - a professional development series designed specifically for BAs by BAs.
Facilitated by Nancy Beatson, CBAP and Emily Tom, CBAP
Overview and Purpose
As a business analyst, you are the individual who enables change in your organization… whether it be addressing business process improvements or implementing a key technology enterprise-wide. Well-planned business analysis is crucial to the success of these significant initiatives. Perhaps you have been performing business analysis planning and monitoring in an informal, unstructured manner? Would you like to learn how to perform these tasks in a more cohesive manner? This workshop may be the help you need.
This full-day workshop covers the Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring Knowledge Area and associated techniques in BABOK® v3. Content of each task in the knowledge area is described and the practical application of this knowledge area is reviewed. To complement the theory, interactive exercises are provided to help reinforce your learning.
- Examine the tasks that business analysts perform to organize and coordinate their efforts and the efforts of their stakeholders and why they are important
- Explain the difference between plan-driven and change-driven business analysis planning approaches
- Identify the benefits of thorough stakeholder analysis
- Apply planning and monitoring techniques to case studies through interactive hands-on group work
- Describe the elements of governance and recognize the importance of planning various aspects of governance for business analysis initiatives
- Recognize the importance of properly managing business analysis information
- Identify assessment measures and explain how to apply key performance indicators and metrics against your business analysis work
Note: Pre-reading material will be emailed to participants a few days prior to the workshop. Please register with an email address that you are able to check for updates prior to the workshop.
When: Saturday, March 23, 2019
Where: Algonquin College Corporate Training Centre, 340 Albert Street, 11th Floor, Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 7Y6 (map)
Cost: $83 for IIBA members | $110 for non-members
Who: Business Analysts at the novice to intermediate level
PDs and CDUs: 7 CDUs/7 PD hrs - The event is recognized for Professional Development hours (PD Hours) for the certification application, and Continuing Development Units (CDU) for recertification.
Access to the building: TBC
Parking: Parking is available in the building via Slater Street entrance (between Kent and Lyon Streets), and across the street on Kent. The Centre is located along the OC Transpo Transitway, Kent Street bus stop.
- Workshop doors open at 8:15 a.m.
- Morning session 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Afternoon session 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Workshop close and prize draw at 4:30
Breakfast, lunch, coffee and tea will be provided.
Note: Attendees should avoid wearing strong perfumes/colognes as a courtesy to others who might have sensitivities.
To register for this workshop, please use the Register Now button to purchase tickets on the Eventbrite page.
Kindly ignore the 'Out of Stock' box below.