Recapping Our 2021/2022 Year and Looking Ahead
On June 21, our IIBA Ottawa-Outaouais chapter held our annual general meeting where chapter members joined together to review the year, approve the financial statements, vote on chapter bylaw changes and elect board members to fill our chapter’s volunteer Board of Directors.
Board Members Elected
Congratulations to Sviatlana Huchek (Secretary), Chinyere Ubani (VP of Marketing) and Myla Hum (VP of Communications) who were re-elected to the board. I’d also like to welcome Surani Peiris, who will move into the role of VP of Professional Development following the departure of Marcus Udokang. Thank you all for your commitment to our chapter and to your fellow BAs.
As we close the books on another fantastic year, I want to take a moment to look at what our IIBA Ottawa-Outaouais team has accomplished over the past 12 months.
There were a number of notable accomplishments this past year:
- For me it starts with our new set of values. We established these during our previous Strategic Planning Day last July and they will guide us for years to come.
- In November, our chapter was voted 2021 Chapter of the Year. Out of 120 chapters across the globe, that’s a pretty big achievement!
- Our chapter celebrated its 15-year anniversary in December with almost all of the past presidents coming out to help us celebrate – a testament to their ongoing commitment to the chapter and our BA community.
- Along with our exciting monthly chapter meetings and sought-after study group sessions, we collaborated with other IIBA chapters throughout the world to deliver feature speakers and lunch and learn sessions.
- Once again, we worked with IIBA Montréal and IIBA Région de Québec to present the 10th annual GRAAL awards. Congratulations to the winning team, Via Rail Canada.
- Our team runs on volunteer steam – we are so fortunate to have many hands to assist us. Each year we honour our committed volunteers with a Volunteer Appreciation event. This year’s event was another exciting virtual escape room event, “Taken 1: Swiss Account”.
- In May, our second professional development day Capital BA Day 2022: Hyperconnected! was an overwhelming success. We were thrilled to welcome guests from across North America and beyond.
Our Focus for 2022/2023
- Creating a shared vision of our chapter’s direction during our annual Strategic Planning Day
- Planning to welcome you back to our events in person, virtually or in hybrid
- Programming in support of core & specialized certification seekers
- Presenting our monthly chapter meetings and skills workshops featuring inspiring presenters and compelling content
- Welcoming more mentors and mentees into our Mentoring Program
- Collaborating with other IIBA chapters to present special events and unique experiences
On behalf of our 2022-2023 Board of Directors, I would like to thank you for another terrific year. Have a fun, safe and relaxing summer break and we hope to see you again in September.
President, IIBA Ottawa-Outaouais Chapter