have read and fully understand the terms and conditions of volunteering with the International Institute of Business Analysis Ottawa-Outaouais Chapter (“IIBA O-O”) which are set out below:
- I agree to abide by all volunteer policies and procedures which have been provided to me, will perform tasks only under instructions from my team leader who will be the head of my committee or a member of the IIBA O-O Executive Leadership Team, and understand that failure to do so may result in my termination as a volunteer.
- I understand that from time to time during the course of my volunteer assignment with IIBA O-O, I may have access to information, documents and records of a private and confidential nature (hereinafter referred to as “Confidential Information”). Such Confidential Information includes but is not limited to documents, records and information relating to IIBA O-O members, the business of IIBA O-O, and third parties having dealings with IIBA O-O.
- I agree to protect and maintain such Confidential Information disclosed to me in the strictest of confidence at all times.
- I agree to use the Confidential Information only for the purposes of performing my assignment as volunteer, and to mark as IIBA O-O Confidential any material I may use or create, including but not limited to emails, correspondence, and presentations.
- I agree not to use any Confidential Information for personal benefit or for the benefit of third parties, including, but not limited to:
(a) Assisting individuals preparing for examinations conducted by IIBA;
(b) Sharing of Confidential Information during private instruction, workshops, or training programs;
(c) The development, modification, or enhancement of training programs, courses, or workshops based on Confidential Information; and,
(d) Promoting specific training programs, courses, or workshops.
- I agree not to publicize any confidential aspect of my work with IIBA O-O, whether that publication is by written word, orally, or by any other medium of communications.
- I agree to exercise due care to ensure that any information, including Confidential Information, that I may give to others in the course of my work as a volunteer will be given to persons whom I am instructed are entitled to receive such information.
- I agree that upon the end or termination of my volunteer assignment, or upon IIBA’s request at any time:
(a) I will cease all use of IIBA Confidential Information;
(b) I will promptly return to IIBA all tangible Confidential Information, including all copies, reproductions, summaries, memos, correspondence or compilations, so that I no longer have any of such information in my possession or under my control in any format whatsoever, including without limitation electronic and paper formats;
(c) I will cease any and all work in connection with and any further use of IIBA Confidential Information; and,
(d) My duty of confidentiality under this Agreement and law survives the termination or completion of this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall not be construed as granting any rights, title, or interest, by license or otherwise, in and to any Confidential Information. For greater certainty, all processes, designs, discoveries, inventions, computer programs, writings, and intellectual property disclosed by IIBA O-O to me shall remain the property of IIBA O-O. In addition, if my tasks include creating original materials on behalf of IIBA O-O, I agree to assign all copyrights to IIBA O-O by completing an additional Copyright Assignment agreement.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.