2020 GRAAL Award
Grand Recognition of Achievement in Analysis and Leadership
Business analysis is recognized worldwide by a set of knowledge areas, tasks and techniques as provided in The Guide to the Body of Knowledge of Business Analysis (BABOK® Guide) and promoted by the IIBA®. It is used to liaise between the stakeholders of an organization in order to understand the structure, policies and operations of the organizations and ultimately recommend solutions that will allow the organizations to achieve its goals.
The GRAAL (Grand Recognition of Achievement in Analysis and Leadership) Award is a prestigious award that recognizes the successful achievement of business analysis work by an organization / team that has demonstrated both leadership and skills in applying business analysis practices. It was established by Mr. Philippe Gauthier in 2013, to recognize and reward leaders in business analysis. Mr. Gauthier was then Vice-President Skills and Certifications for the IIBA Quebec Region Chapter.
For its first year, in 2013, the GRAAL Award was addressed to organizations in the Quebec region. The following year, the IIBA Montreal Chapter joined efforts to extend the reach of the GRAAL award, making a recognition award across Quebec. Now in its 8th year, the IIBA Ottawa-Outaouais Chapter has joined the efforts to recognize the exceptional work done by organizations in Eastern Ontario.
To be eligible for the 2020 GRAAL Award, you must present how your business analysis team demonstrated leadership and used the activities and techniques described in the BABOK as part of a project or product iteration that had a demonstrated impact in Quebec or Eastern Ontario.
The 2020 GRAAL Award will be presented publicly at a luncheon award ceremony on Thursday, May 21st, 2020 at the Club St. James in Montreal.
For more information and to download the application, please click the link below:
- To be eligible, the business must be headquartered in Quebec or Eastern Ontario.
- You do not have to be a large organization to apply.
- The project or the product iteration must have been completed between January 1 and December 31, 2019.
- The outcome of the project or product iteration must have had an impact in Quebec or Eastern Ontario.
- April 15, 2020 at midnight: Deadline for submitting applications.
- Week of May 4, 2020: Announcement of the finalists and the winner
- May 21, 2020: Official presentation of the award to the winner of the 2020 GRAAL Award at the Montreal St-James Club during a lunch-hour conference.
How to submit my candidacy?
Download and complete the 2020 GRAAL Award Application Form.
Your application form must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 15, 2020, at midnight.