Benefits of IIBA Certification
ABOUT IIBA® CERTIFICATION
IIBA offers two certifications: the Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®) designation and the Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) designation.
CERTIFIED BUSINESS ANALYSIS PROFESSIONAL™ (CBAP®)
A Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) recipient is an elite member of the business analysis community and a recognized expert in identifying the business needs of an organization in order to determine business solutions. CBAP® recipients are senior BAs who have the skill and expertise to perform business analysis work on projects of various sizes and complexities.
CERTIFICATION OF COMPETENCY IN BUSINESS ANALYSIS™ (CCBA®)
Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®) is for experienced business analysts who have acquired core BA skills and who want to be recognized for their expertise and skills by earning formal recognition. CCBA® recipients are recognized for the investment they have already made in their business analysis careers.
For more information about the certification process, please visit IIBA International.
BENEFITS OF IIBA® CERTIFICATION
BENEFITS TO THE INDIVIDUAL
Earning an IIBA® professional certification offers many benefits to both the individual and the organization employing or engaging them. Benefits to the individual include:
- Competence in the principles and practices of business analysis.
- Participation in a recognized professional group.
- Recognition of professional competence by professional peers and management.
- Advanced career potential due to recognition as a professional business analysis practitioner.
- Personal satisfaction of accomplishing a milestone in their BA careers.
- Certification can improve overall performance, remove uncertainty and widen market opportunities.
- The process of achieving and maintaining certification helps ensure you are continually improving and refining your activities.
- Potentially higher income for being formally recognized as an experienced BA professional. For more details, view this recent salary survey.
- Recognizes individuals who have invested in their BA careers and encourages them to keep doing so.
BENEFITS TO THE ORGANIZATION
- Provides professional development, advancement and recognition opportunities for staff.
- Demonstrates to customers, competitors, suppliers, staff and investors that you use industry-standard business analysis practices.
- Demonstrates to your stakeholders that your business is run effectively.
- The regular assessment process will improve staff responsibility, commitment and motivation.
- Establishment and implementation of business analysis practices as outlined in A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®) Guide by individuals recognized as being knowledgeable and skilled.
- More reliable, higher quality results produced with increased efficiency and consistency by BA professionals who use industry standard BA techniques.
- Identification of professional business analysts to clients and business partners.
- Demonstrated commitment to the field of business analysis, increasingly recognized as a vital component of any successful project.