April 2023 Meeting | The Value of Specialisation
[VIRTUAL] April Meeting | The Value of Specialization
It is a common dilemma whether to become a specialist or a generalist in your role - the one that doesn’t have a good answer. In this event we will discuss the value of specialization and debate whether it is the right thing to do.
In this session you will learn:
- What is the difference between a specialist and a generalist career path
- Which specialist bodies of knowledge and corresponding certifications does IIBA offer
- Which areas of your own specialization you can leverage for building your own career progression
- 6:00 - 6:10 Virtual Networking
- 6:10 - 6:25 Welcome & Introductions
- 6:25 - 7:25 Presentation and Q&A
- 7:25 - 7:30 Wrap Up
When: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 6:00 - 7:30 pm EDT
Where: Zoom meeting login information will be provided prior to the event
Who should attend: Open to all
Fee: $5 for IIBA Members | $10 for Non-Members
CDUs/PD: 1 CDU
About the Facilitator:
Igor’s business analysis career started more than a decade ago in the basement of a multi-apartment building where he was a part of an indie internet advertising firm. Since then he’s been a business analyst and a BA team manager in multiple organizations, including being a practice manager for BPM in a cybersecurity organization, a head of business analysis in a consulting firm, and a manager for an agile delivery practice in fintech. Igor is a founder of Analyst’s Corner, an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider which focuses on liberating the BA education: leveraging peer-learning through a community blog and affordable paid options for anyone interested in business analysis.
To register, please use the Register Now button.