February Meeting | Business Process What?
Many of today’s business analyst professionals are working on Business Process Improvement (BPI) or Business Process Management (BPM) initiatives only to find that many of the tools and techniques applied no longer work as effectively or at all. In order to provide value, BAs must understand the difference between BPI and BPM, as well as the key elements required to successfully implement these initiatives.
BPM (Business Process Management) is a set of related activities, such as process modeling and design, process execution, process monitoring, and process optimization. This talk provides an overview of the BPM lifecycle together with the roles and results of business process modeling. It gives an overview of the BPMN (Business Process Modeling Notation) and reviews essential skills required to successfully manage initiatives that involve Business Processes.
In this talk, we will cover the following topics:
- Why do we model Business Processes?
- What are the differences between BPR, BPM and BPI?
- Roles and responsibilities during business process initiatives, especially in an Agile environment
- What is involved in a business process lifecycle and what are the phases?
- Expected outcomes from business process initiatives.
Attend this presentation if you want to know more about:
- Business Process Management
- BPMN – Business Process Modeling Notation
- What are the different phases of a business process lifecycle?
- A proposed approach for designing a process model, in order of occurrence
Where: Ottawa Police Association (see Map)
When: Tuesday, February 19, 2019
- 5:00 to 5:30 pm - Registration, snacks and socializing
- 5:30 to 5:45 pm - Chapter updates and introductions
- 5:45 to 6:45 pm - Presentation and Q&A
- 6:45 to 7:00 pm - Door prize draw!
Event Fees: IIBA Members $11 | Non-Members $16 | Monthly Meeting Pass-holders are pre-paid
To register for this event, please use the Register Now button to purchase tickets on the Eventbrite page.
Kindly ignore the 'Out of Stock' box below.
The Sprott School of Business at Carleton University explores complex management issues through innovative programs, interdisciplinary research and collaborative partnerships. Sprott offers business degree programs at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels, as well as a range of professional development programs. Sprott's Masters Certificate in Business Analysis equips you with the knowledge and techniques necessary to be an effective Business Analyst and, most importantly, helps you become a professional BA, able to achieve successful business solutions and satisfy customers. The Sprott School of Business is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The Masters Certificate in Business Analysis is offered in partnership with the Schulich Executive Education Centre at York University.
For more information, visit sprott.carleton.ca
Sponsor's contact information
About the Chapter
The mission of the IIBA® Ottawa-Outaouais Chapter is to provide professional resources to the 200+ IIBA® members in the Ottawa-Outaouais area and to engage those working in professions related to the practice of Business Analysis. If you have any questions about attending IIBA O-O Chapter meetings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org