March 2018 IIBA Ottawa-Outaouais Special Event: Speed Recruiting
The IIBA Ottawa-Outaouais monthly Chapter meetings are a great way to keep momentum in your ongoing professional development, network with fellow BAs and peers from allied fields, and share a few laughs among friends. During our March meeting event, you can get to know some of your colleagues and network with local recruiting agencies and employers.
“Speed Recruiting” works a lot like “Speed Dating” without the 'Dating'. The IIBA Ottawa-Outaouais Chapter is pleased to host a structured evening for job-seekers, recruiters and employers to meet one another.
What's in it for the job-seekers:
- Face to face opportunity to network with a select number of recruiters and employers in the Region
- A fun (and efficient way) to learn about available job opportunities
- Opportunity to network with your peers and with the IIBA Ottawa-Outaouais Chapter to learn more about the profession, and current trends
- Face to face access to a variety of local BAs with a broad range of experience
- Opportunity to network and develop further relationships with resources
- Healthy competition with a handful of other recruiters and employers
How it works:
Each of the employers/recruiters will be stationed at their own table. Job-seekers will initially be split amongst the tables and will have a set amount of time (5 – 6 minutes) to speak with the employers / recruiters. Job-seekers will rotate, meeting with other employers / recruiters. All job-seekers and employers / recruiters will have a chance to meet each other over the course of the evening. Once the “Speed Recruiting” has completed and all participants will have an opportunity to enjoy the rest of the evening networking.
Where: Ottawa Police Association (see Map)
When: March 20, 2018
- 5:00 to 5:30 pm - Registration, snacks and socializing
- 5:30 to 5:45pm - Chapter updates & introductions
- 5:45 to 6:45 pm - Speed Recruiting Event
- 6:45 to 7:00 pm - Door Prize Draw!
IIBA Members $11 | Non-Members $16 | Monthly Meeting Pass-holders are pre-paid