September Meeting | Dealing with Difficult People for Business Analysts
There are no difficult people, just difficult situations. Really? In which situations do business analysts find “difficult people”?
This session will explore what we mean by a “difficult person.” It will provide insights into human dynamics by surfacing what’s going on at a subconscious level that is impacting the relationship and making it difficult. We will look at what drives people to behave in certain ways, how to challenge our stories about the other person so we can manage reactions more productively and positively, recognize your social style, and the three other styles, and where conflicts can occur. You will learn how to adapt to connect and turn that difficult person into an ally.
Learn the core basic needs that all humans are trying to get met
- Identify the 4 social styles and which is your go-to style.
- The 4 communication styles
- The notions of rudeness and respect
- The Assumption trap
- 5:00 to 5:30 pm - Registration, snacks and socializing
- 5:30 to 5:45 pm - Chapter updates & introduction
- 5:45 to 6:45 pm - Presentation + Q&A
- 6:45 to 7:00 pm - Door Prize Draw*
IIBA Members $11 | Non-Members $16 | Monthly Meeting Pass-holders are pre-paid