October Meeting | Outcome Delivery
Enterprises face constant pressure to innovate on their products and services. Despite an array of methods and approaches, there is a disturbing rate of poor performance and an even poorer success rate. The need to deliver more products or features and business changes in quicker cycles, has resulted in excessive focus on short-term innovation, features, and sometimes the delivery of the wrong things faster.
The current challenges are driven by:
- The large gap between strategy (planned value) and delivery (realized value).
- The plethora of disconnected methods for discovery-design-delivery, and very few helpful guideposts or roadmaps.
In this talk, Michael Lachapelle of Business Model Fulcrum will introduce participants to a roadmap (MobiusLoop) for delivering outcomes that truly matter to customers and the business.
- The importance of understanding the problem, context and ambition before creating options
- Identifying and measuring impacts you want to achieve rather than what you do
- Running experiments and building iteratively to find the simplest path
- Learning quickly and often based on validated learning
Where: Ottawa Police Association (see Map)
When: Tuesday, October 16, 2018
- 5:00 to 5:30 pm - Registration, snacks and socializing
- 5:30 to 5:45 pm - Chapter updates and introductions
- 5:45 to 6:45 pm - Presentation and Q&A
- 6:45 to 7:00 pm - Door prize draw!
IIBA Members $11 | Non-Members $16 | Monthly Meeting Pass-holders are pre-paid
About the Chapter:
The mission of the IIBA® Ottawa-Outaouais Chapter is to provide professional resources to the 200+ IIBA® members in the Ottawa-Outaouais area and to engage those working in professions related to the practice of Business Analysis. If you have any questions about attending IIBA O-O Chapter meetings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org